Oct 11, 2013

Recent Projects


One of my favorite sewing books is Tone Finnanger's Sew Sunny Homestyle. In it she has the most adorable and shabby chic sewing patterns. Last week I made one of her little birds out of a pretty fat-quarter I'd bought from Walmart a while back. 

I ended up making a few changes to the pattern though. I added the beak to the material instead of using a wooden dowel and after I stuffed the bird I added dried peas to the bottom so it would stand up. The last thing I did was sew on seed beads for the eyes instead of paint them on.

And this is what it looked like in the end.


After multiple attemps to knit with four knitting needles I was finally able to do it! I found a really helpful knitting channel on YouTube called VeryPink Knits. I watched their tutorial for how to knit with four needles,  and I was surprised at how easy it ended up being! Their tutorials are really helpful and easy to understand. 

For my first knitting project with four needles I made a tiny drawstring bag.

Learning to knit with four needles has opened up a whole new world of possibilities of things to knit!

1 comment: