Nov 27, 2013

I Wrote 50,000 Words!


Yes everyone, I did it! I wrote a 50,000 word novel in 27 days! Yesterday I had written my daily minimum and thought to myself "Why not write 500 more words? Maybe I can have my novel done before Thanksgiving if I work really hard." I didn't really believe that I would have it done before Thanksgiving, but as it turns out I did.

After I had written 500 more words yesterday I was like "why not try and hit tomorrow's par?" And I did. The next thing I knew I had written almost 7,000 words instead of the minimum of 1,667.

This morning I woke up early and had only a little over 2,000 left to write until I hit 50,000 and I knew I had it in the bag. I finished writing early this morning and I still can't believe that I wrote that much and still have a few days to spare! 

When I started I thought I would be crawling to the finish since I've never written anywhere near this amount before. Turns out it's not really that hard. The hardest part is just sitting down and writing even when you don't know what to write. But I guess that's all part of being a writer.


To anyone else out there who hasn't finished their novels yet, good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Tiana! That's so awesome! I, unfortunately, got a stiff neck from typing and was unable to come anywhere close to 50,000 words. Oh well. Did you actually finish the novel, or there more to do on the rough draft?

    ReplyDelete