Nov 2, 2013

NaNoWriMo has Begun!

Early last month I got an idea for a story, then I remembered that NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) was in November so I decided to give it go. I mean, how hard could it be to write 50,000 words in a month right? Okay, maybe that wasn't exactly what I was thinking. I was actually thinking something more along the lines of  "Oh boy, 50,000 words in a month? Am I crazy for thinking I can do this? Maybe I'll be able to write 10 or 15 thousand...."



Well, I decided to do it anyways and I began planning my story and coming up with characters. I came up with a whole plot and outlined most of the story. I used this huge old whiteboard we had for my story board. I wrote everything down on index cards then taped them up and I could add, remove, or move them to wherever I needed them to be. It ended up working really well and helped a lot with plotting.


Now it's the second day, and I think I might be able to pull this off! Basically my goal is to write at least 1,667 words a day. If I do at least that much I'll finish just in time. So far I've got a little over 3,000 words written and I'm feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment