Mar 3, 2014

Vintage Fashion Show

Saturday I got to be in another vintage fashion show. This show was only showing clothes from the 1940's, so I was able to do my hair and makeup as close to 40's as I could manage. Most of the other shows start with dresses from the early 1900's and sometimes even the late 1800's and go through the 50's and 60's. And since I usually end up wearing some of the oldest dresses and then some from later on in the decade, I can't usually do period specific makeup. But since yesterday's show was 40's only I got to have a little fun by wearing some red lipstick.

Also, I got to wear 3 outfits in the show instead of only 2 like I always have before. I started out wearing a Coast Guards uniform and my mom was wearing a Navy Nurses uniform.

My and my mom.

Next I wore an evening gown.

And then a school girls outfit. I've worn this one a few times before, but this was definitely my favorite time wearing.

I'll be posting more pictures as soon as I get them, which probably won't be for a couple of weeks at least.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tiana,
    I just wished to let you know that I nominated you for The Sunflower Blogger Award! You can view it at: http://headinthecloudsandpeninhand.blogspot.com/2014/03/simply-facts.html I hope you have a lovely afternoon!

    Eowyn

    ReplyDelete