Nov 1, 2014

Writing, costumes, and poker

Today is November 1st, which means it's NaNoWriMo again! YAY! I was up with my sister until 1 last night counting down the minutes until NaNoWriMo started. I wrote 760 words before going to bed and hitting par early this morning.


Alina and I get a little competitive when it comes to NaNoWriMo. After hitting par I took a little break then came back and my word count is currently at 2,158 and Alina's keeping up with me.

This year I'm so prepared! I've been working on my plot since September 1st (actually, I already had about half of the plot, but I've finished it and added a ton to it since then) and so far it's going extremely well. Okay, it's only the first day, so maybe I should hold off a while. ;)

Also, I've been using a new to me writing program called Scrivener. It's amazing! Seriously awesome! I've been using the free trial, which is set up so you can use it from October 'till December 8th so you can use it during NaNoWriMo. Also, anyone who complete's the 50k gets a 50% off code, which makes the program only $20. So yeah, I'm totally buying it.

So, yesterday was also also Halloween. Alina and I were so excited for NaNoWriMo we pretty much forgot about Halloween. But this year for Halloween I dressed up as Rose Tyler from the "Idiot's Lantern" episode of Doctor Who. If you want to see more pictures and read more about my costume you can check out my costume blog.




And last but not least, a few pictures from last night. Our Halloween tradition is playing poker, and well, this sorta happened. Oh, and I totally won the game. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment