Apr 28, 2016

Spring Voice Recital

I've been taking voice lessons for the last year and a half and twice a year my music school puts on a music concert for all the students to perform at. Last Saturday was my my second time participating. Out of the two that I've performed at, this was definitely the best. But that's probably because for the first one I was really, really, really, REALLY nervous. This time I was only really nervous.

I sang the song Goodnight my Someone from The Music Man, which is one of my favorite musicals. I started learning it only about 2 months before and it wasn't until about two weeks before the performance that I was able to really hit those high notes. There was a point that I didn't think I'd be able to and I thought about changing to a different song, but I kept going and you know what? It felt great when I was finally able to sing that E with full vibrato and without any tension.

The day came and I decided that I would vlog it. So if you're interested in what I do leading up to and after a performance, look no further! I present to you the Voice Recital Vlog! (It also has my performance in the middle - skip to 3:4 for that;) )



Today was my first class post recital, and my teacher Jessica and I spend most of the time coming up with options for a new art song for me to learn (did I mention I'm learning to sing opera?). I have it narrowed down to 3 that I really like. Two of which are in French and the other is German. But the songs are like full on opera songs, which is really exciting! I still have a long way until I make it actually sound like opera, but ya gotta start somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment