Dec 30, 2016

Here's to the New Year

2016 has been an amazing year or growth, learning for me, and contrary to most everyone else I actually thought 2016 was an amazing year. I'm a very different person than I was a year ago, and I'm so grateful for the work that the Lord has done in me this year and am excited to see what He has in store for me in 2017.


Usually when this time of year comes around I write up a small New Years resolution list and a few weeks into the year I think of a ton of things I wish I had done and usually come up with several 365 projects. But this year I'm ahead of the game and have been thinking about these things all month long. Here's a few things I'm doing in preparation for the New Year.

1. Writing a letter to myself to open this time next year. This is something I did for myself a couple of years ago but I forgot this year. I really enjoyed doing this so I've decided to write one again this year. My favorite part of this is remembering where I was at life during the time of writing the letter and seeing what sort of things were important in my life at the time.

2. Put together a New Years resolution. This one doesn't need much of an explanation. I usually put together a list each year then forget about it for several months, so I don't know how productive it actually is for me. But I was looking over my list for 2016 a few days ago, even though I had kinda completely forgot about it, and was pleasantly surprised to find that I had actually (unintentionally) done a good number of them. I thought it was neat to see several of them that I don't remember being something I didn't do be something that's part of my normal life now. Here's a few of my resolutions for 2017:
            • Read at least 12 books
            • Blog regularly (at least once a week)
            • Learn photography
            • Spend less time on electronics
            • Write more... Like daily

3. I've been so behind with blogging my costumes so I've been getting pictures and posting about all the costumes I made this year but never posted about. I finally got pictures, but now I have to do the hard part and write up the blog posts to go with them...

4. I'm going to start a 365 project for 2017! Like I said already, I usually come up with an idea for this a few weeks or months into the new year, but this time I'm prepared. I want to take a photo a day for every day in 2017. I'll be posting them on my personal Instagram, @thetianaolivia.



So here's to the new year.

And to new adventures.

Bring it on, 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment